This recipe is easy to make, tastes great and is also suitable for vegans and gluten free diet.
You will need:
Shredded coconut – I used about 1 cup for two portions
Agave syrup or honey
Coconut oil (optional)
Your favorite jam
Nuts for decoration (optional)
- Put the coconut into your blender for a few seconds to make coconut powder. You can skip this step but it tastes better this way.
- Start adding the syrup or honey and stir until it starts to make lumps. Taste the mixture to make sure that it is sweet enough. You can also add one or two spoons of coconut oil. You don’t want to make the mixture too much sticky just enough to form a patty and to taste good.
Push the mixture into your form. I used burger maker from Tchibo to do this. But you can also use cookie cutters.
- Put the patties into your fridge for an hour.
- Gently spread on the jam and sandwich the patties together.
- Decorate the top. You can use jam and nuts or melted chocolate.